In order to better handle major story events (or, really, be able to handle them at all), I did a complete overhaul of the main schedule code. The schedule update has much better handling for evening shifts, free days and performance evaluation events, as well as providing me more flexibility when it comes to changing up the work schedule and making sure certain special events will always fall on work or free days as needed.
Because these change label names in core areas of the game, A NEW START IS ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED FOR THIS VERSION!
New content was added in obscure places that can be hard to find! (Oops. Wasn’t really intentional…) These are mostly for Holly and Reika. (If you haven’t found Reika yet, spend a lot of time investigating the resort and work at the Restaurant. You have to do something pretty stupid find her.) The new changes to the schedule and some rebalancing I’ve done should make it a bit easier to get these than it was in the past.
As always, this post on TFGames.site is a great resource if you’re having trouble finding a scene: https://tfgames.site/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?p=494929#p494929
The game has two new endings (one of which might not be a complete joke) and two classic endings make a comeback. Collect them all!
I explained in my last update that this quickly turned into the update from hell. I thought I’d built the game to be able to handle a lot of things, but when I tried to expand past “the helicopter scene” and add game-changing events for Holly and May, it became evident that a lot more needed to be done. I’ve got it fairly functional, but it’s clear that it’s going to need more work before it’s smoothed out. (I’m sure you’ll let me know about the glaring errors and showstoppers.)
On top of that, I had a setback with images of the PC, that forced me to hold off on the next batch of mirror images until I figure it out.
I’d also been working on laying ground work for guests to hit on the PC during work, but it appears the file I was writing in didn’t save, so I only have a couple little scene stubs. Disappointing, but it will probably be more of a focus for next time.
Oh, and on a similar note: I’ve added some partial support for masturbation scenes both in the room and with the porn TV channel. There’s very little text and it’s mostly code working in the background, but it does connect to some of the new stuff I’ve added for Holly/the nurse/Reika.
Anyway, I’m sure there’s a ton of stuff I forgot, but here are the changes I had in my notes:
Main Game Loop/Schedule Overhaul
• Rebuilt schedule system to be more flexible, allowing for better handling of chain events. Day loop has been broken into three separate loops for: day work shift, evening work shift, free day.
• Two schedule types are available starting with the second play-through of the game: Working through most of the jobs a couple days at a time, or going straight to a 5-day work week at the task of your choice.
• When working evening shifts, performance evaluations take place before the start of the final shift. Job assignments are no longer instant, and are instead applied at the end of the day.
• On day shifts, performance evaluations will not play before special events that are supposed to take place before leaving work.
• Set groundwork to make it possible to miss a work evaluation without breaking the game.
• Beach party will no longer be assigned if the next day is a day off.
• Job notices should now trigger only on the morning of the start of a new assignment
• Clinic code expanded to handle more scenarios. The nurse is no longer banned, so you can see her scenes again.
• Clinic is now available to visit during the day.
• Started a more standardized way of handling medical ailment “quests.”
• Clinic is unlocked for those who haven’t unlocked Holly, but only the nurse is available for now (and typically only if the PC has a reason to visit).
• Availability of the doctor and nurse now vary by time of day.
• New “Phase 2” introduction scene with Mallory.
• Additional scenes for Holly’s storyline.
• Working for Reika has been expanded. New event if the PC is cooperating with May at the same time.
• Holly and the nurse can be visited for a couple of “health issues.”
• A couple new guest scenes added.
• Added new endings (Restored some “fan favorites” as well). Main ending involves working for Reika.
Sex Event Work
• Hacked in a really crude place holder masturbation system for the PC’s room (to be expanded on with an eventual overhaul of sex)
• Implemented a some rough event counters for sex acts and orgasms
• Stubs have been added for handling guests approaching the PC during work
• Added color to dialogue to make it stand out a bit more. Looking for feedback on this. Like it? Don’t like it? Think it should be optional?
• Adjusted random chances for some events depending on player actions. (Better chance of meeting May or learning the clip trick if you’ve been investigating frequently.)
• Stopped mini-events from playing before first shift of a job type
• Added some “shorter start” variations to Cyn’s swimwear conversation, hopefully making the scene a bit faster to get through on replays.
• Improved handling and messages for free days.
• File cleanup work (sorted scenes and variables into their proper files)
• Fixed bug with Reika’s wand and hips changes. (Sizing down is likely still broken)
• Fixed bugs preventing meeting May and Renata mini-work event from firing.
• Fixed some bugs with investigation tracking