This game is very much an early work-in-progress. Created as a 1-person hobby intended to explore many gameplay concepts at once, I’m fully aware I’ve bitten off more than I can chew here…but I’m having fun exploring all of these ideas nonetheless. Here’s where I am…
Last updated: March 16, 2019
Overall, the game is very unfinished. The current version contains an intro and a 36-day loop through the game, containing only work days (no days off). No willpower or mental change aspects are included yet. Sex scenes are minimal, but are slowly being contributed too as a work on the code for the sex system.
Player Character Images:
The basic code to make the custom character images work is in, and a few of the mirror images are some what functional, handling body changes, hair color and tanning. More need to be added, and additional code needs to be written in order to handle clothing and the like. Currently, only the bathroom mirror has these images; none have been created for special events.
This system is well under way and has had a recent overhaul, adding a few new blocks to the work events. There still need to be more opportunities to interact with coworkers, both at work and during the player character’s free time. Still to come: Evening work shifts and days off.
Characters are being overhauled with new code that will allow the game to better track what the player knows about them, what they know about the player character, and what interactions have happened.
This system is partially implemented, but still has lot left to do. Lust and arousal (the mental and physical aspects of libido) have passive implementation and basic sex actions now work. Results from sex do not carry on outside of the event, however, and all sex acts currently use the same code–there’s no difference between activities, partners or abilities/skills.
Willpower / Mind Changes
I expect this to be one of the last parts to be fleshed out. For now, there are some minor aspects started (how male or female the player character considers themselves to be; their sexual orientation). The actual mind-control elements for the plot will likely come later once more of the rest of the game is complete.
Latest Posts about Interns of Ecstasy Island
- Update: Willpower Etc. (10/9/2020) - I’ve been chipping away at the willpower/mind control/mental change mechanics and how this info will be conveyed to the player. It’s an assortment of lots of little challenges to be solved…all of which can be a little tricky for me, as I tend to go somewhat ADD and have difficulty focusing on the problem(s) for... Continue Reading →
- Release: Interns v0.261 (9/19/2020) - Interns v0.261 is now available! (Image is completely unrelated to the update.) This is a bug-fix update that addresses a few of the glaring issues with the previous build(s). Players of the previous build should not need to start a new game for this one. What’s fixed? • Fixed the “holodeck” background bug.• Fixed bug... Continue Reading →
- Release: Interns v0.260 (8/23/2020) - Interns v0.260 is now available! Release notes are available on the early access post. (I’m also doing a popularity poll on Patreon…) Windows / Linux:MegaMediafire Mac version:MegaMediafire Android version:MegaMediaFire
- Early Access: Interns v0.260 (8/9/2020) - It doesn’t contain everything I was working on, but I don’t want to make you want any longer than you already have. Without further ado, here’s v0.260…which is primarily a Cynthia-focused update. Early access is available for those backing at $5 or more on…PatreonorSubscribeStar A fresh save probably isn’t required, but wouldn’t hurt. Main New... Continue Reading →
- Update: July 2020 (7/30/2020) - Status Report Those of you who have been following me on TFGamesSite and Discord have been getting little updates here and there, but I thought I should take a few minutes to give everyone a quick update as to where I am. What I’ve been up to As you may recall, I got off to... Continue Reading →
- Coding BS (7/19/2020) - I thought I’d do something a bit different and write a post bit-by-bit as I worked on the game this weekend. So, what we have below is a bit of a free-form train-of-thought blog about what adding new content to Interns can involve sometimes (and why it can get rather frustrating). I really could have... Continue Reading →
- Thanks for Your Patience! (7/6/2020) - The Excuses Section Hey, everybody! I was really hoping to have a new build out for you by now, but I wanted one that actually included some worthwhile content for you and, so far, that’s not working out. I appreciate how patient everyone’s been (don’t think I had a single person so much as ask... Continue Reading →
- Update: June 2020 (6/26/2020) - Interns Stuff Last time I was able to make some massive headway on cleanup and reorganization. It’s done wonders for Avatar images, as I now have a more universal way of calling these images in-game and, on the back end, I’ve organized the files and folders used to make these graphics, which has streamlined the... Continue Reading →
- Release: Interns v 0.251 (5/14/2020) - Interns v0.251 is now available! IMPORTANT: Do not overwrite your existing directory with this new build! Many filenames have changed, and doing so will leave old files that may prevent your game from working properly. IMPORTANT 2: Start a fresh game for this version. Interns v0.250 includes a major overhaul in how free-time events are... Continue Reading →
- Early Access: Interns v 0.251 (5/10/2020) - Interns version 0.251 is now available for early access to backers pledging $5+. Contains bug-fixes and other goodness (as seen above). Download links for SubscribeStar are here. Download links for Patreon are here. Changes: • Addressed player-reported errors due to undefined or misnamed labels and variables. • Optional menus are now disabled when executing one... Continue Reading →